Wednesday 20 August 2014

Breakfast of breastfeeding champions


I reckon I've spent the best part of the last three months eating. Eating and breastfeeding. With Baby P feeding every 1.5 to 2 hours I was just so hungry all time. Chocolate and muffins (homemade of course) have starred in my diet along with endless cups of tea, jaffle sandwiches and reheated left over dinners. 

Four meals a day, plus snacks and fruit. Thats a lot of food. 

Now that Baby P and I are out of the Fourth trimester, I decided it was time to adjust my food intake and eat healthier and smarter. My Breakfast of Breastfeeding Champions does just that. It's a large bowl of porridge with lots of goodies added and a flat white coffee*.

Breakfast of Breastfeeding Champions

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup dried fruit - I'm currently using a dried blueberry and cranberry mix
2 tbsp LSA
2 tbsp slivered almonds
2 tbsp pepitas
1 tbsp dark choc chips
1 cup rice milk

Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan. Heat over medium - high heat, stirring constantly as the oat mix gently comes to the boil and thickens*. Spoon into a bowl and add a large dollop of yoghurt. Serve with a hot beverage.

Enjoy!

Nic Nurtures x

* I own a fantastic manual espresso machine and spent years working as a barista...I can't get by without my daily dose of coffee.

* Like me, you may be holding your baby whilst making porridge and pouring cereal and cooking toast for your other offspring. Take care not to burn the bottom of your saucepan as you multi task.





No comments:

Post a Comment